Over the past several years, members of the division have led and/or participated in research in adolescent health, often in collaboration with partners at BC Children’s Hospital and the BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute, UBC School of Social Work, UBC School of Nursing, and the McCreary Centre Society. Some examples of current research projects include:
- Collaboration with BC Centre for Substance Use on ethnographic study of adolescents admitted to the hospital with severe substance use and/or concurrent disorders.
- Pilot study of Mindful Awareness and Resilience Skills for Adolescent (MARS-A), mindfulness based intervention for adolescents with psychological distress, with or without co-occurring chronic pain and/or chronic illness.
- Research into the ways that adolescents’ with disabilities navigate major transitions (high school, adulthood).
- Investigations of foster co-parenting that enhances youths’ cultural engagement, integration into the family, and well-being.
- Case series of adolescents admitted to the hospital with severe substance use and/or concurrent disorders.