BC Children's Hospital Research Institute is pleased to congratulate the recipients of the 2018 Outstanding Achievement Awards and the 2018 BCCHR Studentships and Fellowships.
Grade 10-12 students from across the Lower Mainland are eligible to participate in the Gairdner High School Symposium but must be selected by a teacher to attend this event as per the Registration Guidelines below.
It is important to note that BC Children's Hospital is a working health care research facility. While onsite, students will be encouraged to participate in supervised research activities and should be comfortable around a variety of samples and specimens in a clinical laboratory environment.
To ensure the safety of those onsite, all participants must meet the minimum requirements for Personal Protective Equipment, this includes pants (skirts, long socks, nylons and leggings are not appropriate) and closed-toed shoes (sandals and mesh shoes are not appropriate).
- Students in grades 10-12 must be registered by a teacher to attend this event. Students cannot register themselves
- Each school can register a maximum of 30 students to attend
- To complete the registration form the teacher will require the student's name and grade
- Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. As space is limited, not all registered students will be guaranteed a seat
- Information on this event has been sent to both science and career teachers so please discuss registration with each other and select one teacher to submit the registration form
- Teacher are invited but not required to attend. If you're interested in attending you will be asked to indicate so on the registration forms
- There is no registration cost for teachers or students
- This event is very popular, we encourage teachers to register schools shortly after registration opens
Registration opens September 24, 2018 at noon at http://cmmt.ubc.ca/2018-gairdner/.
**This link will not be made active till September 24 at noon**
For more information contact Seetha Kumaran, email@example.com.
How does the wait-list work?
The Gairdner High School Student Symposium is limited to 200 participants. Once registration reaches maximum capacity additional students are added to the wait-list and contacted directly if space becomes available before the event. Typically, this event has an extensive wait-list of students. If you're no longer planning to attend, please advise us as soon as possible so someone else has the opportunity to take your spot.