Please note: Participation in the Mini Med School Symposium is restricted to BC students in grades 10–12. Students from other grades or the general public are encouraged to access the recordings in our Video Library at a later date.
Participation is free but space is limited to 100 students per day. Due to space restrictions, participants will only be eligible to register for a single day: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 (Scientific Discoveries) OR Thursday, March 4, 2021 (Transforming Care).
To keep things fair for all students, participants will be selected based on a lottery draw.
How will this work?
- A registration form will be posted below from January 11 to January 15, 2021. You will have 5 days to complete and submit the online form. Unlike Mini Med School Vancouver, no student nominations are required. Students can complete and submit the registration form without a teacher being involved.
- Students will be separated into those who selected the Wednesday, March 3, 2021 session and those who selected the Thursday, March 4, 2021 session.
- An online random name picker will be used to identify the selected students (similar to drawing names out of a hat!).
- Selected participants will be contacted by late January to confirm attendance.
Check back in January for the registration form.
To complete the registration form you will be asked for the following:
- Name, grade and email address
- School name
- Parent/Guardian name and email address. Parents/Guardians will be copied on all communications as verification of permission to miss an afternoon of classes.
- Which day you would like to attend: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 OR Thursday, March 4, 2021
- Confirmation that 1) you understand that registration is a commitment to attend, 2) if selected, you will make arrangements to miss a day of classes, and 3) you will be responsible for finding access to a computer, tablet or smartphone and a stable internet connection for the session.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.