- An essential amino acid (amino acids are building blocks of protein and are essential in nearly all bodily functions and structures)
- Found mainly in meat and dairy; not much in cereal or grains
We are interested in studying how much lysine must be ingested during pregnancy to ensure a healthy baby.
We are looking for:
- Women in the first, second and third trimesters of pregnancy
- Aged 19-40 years
This study involves:
- Preliminary assessment at BC Children’s Hospital (1 hour)
- 4 separate visits to the BC Children’s Hospital (8 hours each)
- A specialized diet plus breath and urine samples (minimally invasive)
- Body size, muscle mass and finger prick glucose measurements
Compensation for your time, parking and transit passes will be available. If you would like more information about this study, please contact us today!
Dr. Rajavel Elango
Phone: 604-875-2000 ext. 4911
Phone: 604-875-2000 ext. 4607