We're glad you're interested in participating in the OPSiP study!
If you answer "yes" to each of the following, you may be eligible to participate:
- You are healthy and pregnant with one baby
- You are currently less than 25 weeks pregnant
- You are over the age of 18
- You are pre-registered, and intend to remain so until delivery, at either St. Paul's Hospital or BC Women's Hospital (planned home birth included)
- You are under the care of a registered maternity care provider (midwife, obstetrician or family doctor)
Questions? Click here to contact the OPSiP team.
Reasons why you might not be eligible to participate include:
- You are unable or choose not to provide consent (click here to see a copy of the consent form)
- You or your baby have a serious medical condition or are immune-compromised (please feel free to call and discuss for potential eligibility)
- You are enrolled in another study that involves the administration of a drug or product (this could interfere with determining if the study's supplements are effective or not)
- You had a prior baby diagnosed with a GBS infection (you will automatically be recommended to receive IV antibiotics in labour)
- You have been diagnosed in this pregnancy with a GBS urinary tract infection (you will automatically be recommended to receive IV antibiotics in labour)
Click below to send an email