The INSPIRE Program aims to provide students with research training and practical experiences in child health research during the academic year. Students are matched with a mentor and contribute to a project as part of a research team.
Interested in developing research skills and learning more about how research is conducted in a clinical setting? You'll be eligible if you are a:
- Undergraduate Student (Undergraduate or recent graduate) Interested In Pediatric Research
Students must be available max 4-6 hrs/week. Students currently registered in any undergraduate or college training program or those within three years of completion of a high school or post-secondary degree are eligible to apply.
INSPIRE provides a variety of research opportunities for students to work alongside a research team and gain practical experience in child health research during the academic year (September 2023 - April 2024)
Why participate in INSPIRE?
INSPIRE has a selection of research projects (clinical & basic science labs) available for students; wherever possible, assigned projects will be aligned with 'students' interests.
Possible areas of research projects include:
- Brain, Behaviour & Development
- Childhood Diseases
- Evidence to Innovation
- Healthy Starts
- Quality Improvement
In partnership with the Research Education Office, a research training program has been designed to support and enhance your learning experience at BC Children's Hospital Research Institute. We provide access to the site-wide resource such as seminars, workshops, and talks emphasizing research methodology, ethics, and professional development:
- Orientation: Learn more about the program and resources available to students working on the Oak Street Campus
- Workshops: A variety of training workshops to help you build the skills and confidence to design scientifically, statistically, and ethically sound research. Previous topics have included: Introduction to Statistical Terms & Concepts, Abstract Writing, Preparing a Scientific Poster, SPSS, and Literature Searching Tips & Tricks
- Special events: Opportunities to network and maximize your exposure to peers and mentors.
- Poster Day: A moderated poster session to showcase the work done by the INSPIRE students during the academic terms.
For questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to apply? Visit Application Procedure to start your application!