The INSPIRE Program aims to provide students with research training and practical experiences in child health research during the academic year. Students are matched with a mentor and contribute to a project as part of a research team.
Interested in developing research skills and learning more about how research is conducted in a clinical setting? You'll be eligible if you are a:
- Undergraduate Student (Undergraduate or recent graduate) Interested In Pediatric Research
Students must be available four to six hours a week. Students currently registered in any undergraduate or college training program or those within three years of completion of a high school or post-secondary degree are eligible to apply.
INSPIRE provides a variety of research opportunities for students to work alongside a research team and gain practical experience in child health research during the academic year (September 2023 - April 2024)
Why participate in INSPIRE?
INSPIRE has a selection of research projects (clinical & basic science labs) available for students; wherever possible, assigned projects will be aligned with students' interests.
Possible areas of research projects include:
- Brain, Behaviour & Development
- Childhood Diseases
- Evidence to Innovation
- Healthy Starts
- Quality Improvement
In partnership with the Research Education Office, INSPIRE is designed to support and enhance your learning experience at BC Children's Hospital Research Institute. We provide access to seminars, workshops, and talks covering research methodology, ethics, and professional development:
- Orientation: Learn more about the program and resources available to students working on the Oak Street Campus
- Workshops: A variety of training workshops to help you build the skills and confidence to design scientifically, statistically, and ethically sound research. Previous topics have included: Introduction to Statistical Terms & Concepts, Abstract Writing, Preparing a Scientific Poster, SPSS, and Literature Searching Tips & Tricks
- Special events: Opportunities to network and maximize your exposure to peers and mentors.
- Poster Day: A moderated poster session to showcase the work done by the INSPIRE students during the academic terms.
For questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with email@example.com.
Ready to apply? Visit Application Procedure to start your application!