At BC Children's Hospital, we foster a multidisciplinary, collaborative environment for our community of more than 350 principal investigators and their research teams. We cultivate ongoing research innovations by nurturing new and future independent researchers. Almost 400 trainees (masters and doctoral students, postdoctoral fellows and research associates) from around the world work with our established investigators.
In a joint effort with our partner academic institutes, BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute is recruiting new faculty in a variety of research areas:
- Associate Professor or Professor (Tenure-Track), UBC School of Kinesiology, Faculty of Education
The School of Kinesiology, Faculty of Education at the University of British Columbia invites applications for a tenured position at the Associate Professor or Professor rank in the area of Exercise, Metabolism, Nutrition and Health. The successful candidate will be jointly appointed between the School of Kinesiology, Faculty of Education and the Faculty of Land and Food Systems. The successful applicant will also hold a concurrent appointment as an investigator at BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute.
Exercise and nutrition have profound effects on human function and health through the activation
of biochemical and metabolic pathways. This successful candidate will lead the field of exercise
metabolism by examining molecular pathways activated by exercise, and how targeting these
pathways impacts the body’s response to nutritional and/or pharmacological interventions. The
study of exercise metabolism and nutrition interactions may provide key insights into preventing
and treating many chronic diseases. Applying physiological and molecular techniques, this
leading researcher will catalyze collaborative, foundational research on the effects of exercise
and nutrients on acute and chronic pathway and organ adaptations promoting health. An
emphasis on preventive approaches that can be initiated in children and/or youth is expected.
The appointment is expected to begin September 1, 2021 or as negotiated with the successful candidate.
Want to learn more about BC Children's Hospital Research Institute?
- Read our Fact Sheet and learn about our research structure to find out how we're serving children and families in BC and beyond, advancing discovery and improving care.
- Meet our leadership, partners and 350+ Principal Investigators who are saving and transforming lives.
- Read our 2016-2021 Strategic Plan and learn how we are developing new areas of strength and pursuing unique opportunities.
- Find out how our dedicated and specialized support staff and state-of-the-art facilities and technology help our researchers innovate and achieve.