There is no fee associated with the application process for the INSPIRE program. Please carefully review the steps below to apply for the INSPIRE Program.
1. Review the eligibility criteria
- Are you a undergraduate student (undergraduate or recent graduate) interested in pediatric research? Students currently registered in any undergraduate or college training program or those within three years of completion of a high school or post-secondary degree are eligible to apply.
- Does your course schedule permit program participation? Students must be available max 4-6 hrs/week.
2. Complete the Online Application Form
The 2023/2024 calendar year intake cycle will open starting August 1 and close at 4 pm on August 4. Upon submitting the online application form, the INSPIRE program team reviews your application and matches you with projects according to your interest and time commitment. INSPIRE Application Form can be accessed here.
For a complete application, a CV, unofficial transcript, your general availability, and your tentative course timetable for the duration of eight months are required.
3. In-Person/Virtual Interview
The interviews will be set up between the candidates and research teams. Only successful applicants will receive an interview invitation.
4. Notification of Decision
What Happens Next? The program coordinator will send the list of online training modules to the successful applicants to complete before their first day in October.
While applying for the INSPIRE program, please note these required steps before working with a research team. Once you have been selected to volunteer with a research team, you will need to complete the following online courses:
- Privacy & Security 101: you can access them at https://learninghub.phsa.ca/Learner/Home
- Provincial Code Red at https://learninghub.phsa.ca/Learner/Home
- Respectful Workplace at https://learninghub.phsa.ca/Learner/Home
- Infection Prevention and Control Practices for Health Care Personnel Not Involved in Direct Clinical Care: https://learninghub.phsa.ca/Courses/8301/infection-prevention-and-control-practices-for-health-care-personnel-not-involved-in-direct-clinical-care
- TCPS-2 training: you can access it at https://tcps2core.ca/welcome
Please be prepared to spend a few hours working on these courses.
You will also be requested to do the following:
- A criminal record check
- Required to submit your QR Code for proof of vaccination against COVID-19
- Attend an INSPIRE student orientation.
Considering these required steps, we strongly encourage people to apply to the program and look forward to reading your application!
INSPIRE 2023-2024: Dates and Deadlines
- Project Intake for Investigators Opens: June 1st, 2023
- Student Application Opens: August 1st, 2023
- Student Application Closing: August 4th, 2023 4:00 pm PDT
- Student/Investigator Project Matching Begins: September 1st, 2023
- Student Interviews: Sept. 1st – Sept. 15th, 2023
- Notice of Decision: September 30th, 2023
- INSPIRE Project Intake for Investigators Closes: August 31st, 2023 8:00 am PDT
- INSPIRE Onboarding: Sept. 15 – Oct. 1st, 2023
- Completion of INSPIRE program: April 30, 2024
For questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with email@example.com.