Engage with our inspiring female leaders in-person at BC Children's Hospital.
- What is required of an In-Person participant?
As an In-Person participate you would:
Be invited to attend the following on Thursday, February 8, 2024 at BC Children's Hospital (950 West 28th Avenue, Vancouver, BC | Directions):
- 6:00 pm - Participant registration
- 6:30 - 8:00 pm - Panel discussion. Hear from six women who are paving the way for research in health sciences. You will have the opportunity to ask questions directly to the panelists.
- 8:00 - 8:30 pm - Reception. Participants will have the opportunity to interact directly with panelists and learn more about research opportunities at BC Children's Hospital and BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre. Light refreshments will be provided.
If requested, participants can receive an electronic certificate of attendance.
- Who is eligible to participate?
Registration for Women in Science is open to high school students, university students and members of the general public. People of all genders are welcome.
Some students may find the Women in Science learning format challenging. As the curriculum has been designed for a senior high school audience (grades 10-12), any younger participants should consider their preferred learning style and comfort level before deciding to register.
- How will you register?
The link to access the registration form will be posted here from Monday, January 8, 2024 at 9:00 am to Sunday, January 21, 2024 at 11:59 pm.
To complete the registration form you will be asked to provide the following:
- Your name, city of residence and email address. High school students will also require your school name.
- How you would like to participate: In-Person OR Virtually Live. You may only select ONE method of participation. Each participant may only register once. Space for participating In-Person is limited. Participants who are not selected to attend the event at BC Children's Hospital will have the option to participate Virtually Live.
- A signed copy of the participant agreement
- What is the Participant Agreement?
To ensure the safety and security of all participants and the BC Children’s Hospital community, a copy of the Participant Agreement form is required at the time of registration.
Click here to download the Participant Agreement form
The form can be signed electronically or you can print it, sign it and scan/take a picture of the form to include with your registration.
Please note: for those under 19 years of age, the Participant Agreement must be signed by a parent or guardian.
Participants who do not submit the agreement will not be permitted to attend the Women in Science evening if selected.
- How do we select who participates?
To maximize engagement, only 150 participants will be select to participate In-Person.
To keep things fair and unbiased for all, participants will be selected based on a lottery draw. All eligible participants who register will have an equal chance of attending.
How will this work?
The registration form will be posted Monday, January 8, 2024 at 9:00 am to Sunday, January 21, 2024 at 11:59 pm. You will have the opportunity to submit the registration form at any time during these dates. Participant names will then be entered into an online program that randomly selects a requested number of names (similar to drawing names out of a hat).
Selected participants will be contacted to confirm their attendance by Friday, January 26, 2024.
Participants not selected to attend in-person will be offered the option to participate Virtually Live.
The registration form for Women in Science will be posted on this page from Monday, January 8, 2024 at 9:00 am to Sunday, January 21, 2024 at 11:59 pm
To complete the registration form you will be asked to provide the following: the signed copy of the participant agreement, your name, city of residence and email address. High school students will also require a school name.
Those interested in receiving notifications about upcoming events and important registration deadlines are encouraged to join our mailing list. Information is only distributed to mailing list subscribers.
Do you have additional questions? Check out our FAQs or contact email@example.com.