At Mini Med School Vancouver, you’ll learn about the latest in biomedical and clinical research in a learning environment that fuses lectures with live demonstrations to inspire and motivate further learning.
What should participants expect?
- Investigation into timely topics, cutting-edge approaches, novel technologies and new research findings
- Interaction with world-class scientists and health professionals
- Exploration into health research career opportunities
- To leave informed, engaged and excited about research!
What is the format?
- Mini Med School Vancouver is held over six consecutive Wednesday nights (7:00 - 9:00 pm) in October and November at BC Children's Hospital Research Institute
- The session format includes lectures by 2 scientific leaders and a question period
- Each year, Mini Med School focuses on a unique scientific theme. The curriculum is developed to present knowledge in an accessible way that captures the imagination, motivates further learning and fosters public dialogue on science
- Admission is FREE but space is LIMITED to 200 participants each year
For the latest event information join our mailing list.
- 20 Mini Med School series have been held at BC Children's Hospital, on topics ranging from child health, infection and immunity, the brain, diabetes, sleep, genetics, epigenetics, genetic counselling, surgery, reproduction and transplantation. You can watch seminars from the last few years online
- Over the past 10 years, over 2000 students and adults have had the opportunity to learn about scientific approaches and findings that impact the lives of Canadian children and families
- Over 275 faculty members and trainees have contributed to this youth engagement initiative since the program started in 2003
- Mini Med School is supported by BC Children’s Hospital Foundation