In this space, we will post information about upcoming special events, such as our annual kick-off!
We currently don't have any special events planned - keep an eye on this space for future occasions, however!
"Spooktacular" Virtual TOG Kick-Off Week: Tuesday Oct 27th - Thursday Oct 29th, 2020
You are invited to our virtual 2020 kick-off week - get excited for three afternoons full of 'omics learning and social opportunities! Keep an eye on your email inbox for details on how you can join by Zoom. We will send information via our mailing list (click "Contact Us" to sign up) and the BCCHR Research Education team.
Tuesday Oct 27th, 2:00 - 3:30 pm: Welcome, overview, and social
- Welcome and introduction to the Trainee Omics Group (Samantha Schaffner and Amanda Lorentzian, TOG co-chairs)
- Overview of statistics resources at BCCHR (Dr. Mike Irvine, Biostatistical Lead, Clinical Research Support Unit at BCCHR)
- Q & A period
- Virtual Jackbox games session & social!
Wednesday Oct 28th, 2:00 - 3:00 pm: "Spooky" seminar series
- Phillip Richmond (PhD Candidate, Wasserman Lab): "Expanding the utility of whole genome sequencing in the diagnosis of rare genetic disorders"
Thursday Oct 29th, 2:00 pm: "Monstrous" methylome-wide association workshop
- Part 1 of 3-part series on epigenome-wide association analysis (Will Casazza and Samantha Schaffner): "Working with data from GEO and differential methylation analysis in limma"
All trainees and staff affiliated to BCCHR are welcome to attend! We hope to see you there!
TOG Kick-Off #2 - Friday June 7th, 2019
Our second kick-off event was a smashing success! We welcomed trainees from across the BC Children's Hospital Research Institute and other sites such as UBC campus for a day full of learning, food, and networking. Some inspiring keynote talks were given by Sara Mostafavi and Phillip Lange, plus our afternoon panel of 'omics experts. See a video recording of the day here in case you missed it!